Website Early Dawn Microfinance Company Limited
1. About the organization
Early Dawn Microfinance Co. Ltd. (“DAWN”) is a leading microfinance institution (MFI) in the Republic of Myanmar (Myanmar), and one of the largest in the country, serving close to 300,000 clients in urban and peri urban areas. A regulated institution with a deposit taking license, DAWN’s main objective is the provision of financial services including credit and savings to low-income segments and small businesses in Myanmar. Launched as a commercial institution in 2015 by social impact-focused investors Accion (a global NGO), FMO (the Dutch Development Bank) and Triodos (a Dutch Investment Management company), DAWN remains committed to providing high quality financial services to its target segment within the currently challenging market environment. It seeks to do so by leveraging digital innovation and technology, with a continued focus on low-income segments and small businesses, providing excellent service to its customers, and promoting responsible business practices and industry initiatives for consumer protection. As a strategically important portfolio company for all investors, DAWN is actively supported by an engaged Board of Directors and shareholders.
DAWN was launched in 2002 as a project of Save the Children Myanmar and was one of the earliest microfinance programs operating in the country. In early 2015, investors Accion, FMO and Triodos together acquired Dawn, overseeing its transformation to a stand-alone regulated MFI which formally started operations in March 2015.
2. About the job
Based in Yangon, the incumbent will serve as the Head of Finance of Dawn and report to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). He/she will be a member of the senior management team and will assume leadership of the Finance team, responsible for overseeing the organization’s financial management, administration and long-term financial planning. He/she will work closely with the CEO to identify and negotiate sources of funding for the organization and will effectively manage the organization’s budget, cash flow and long-term sustainability. The individual will also hold responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting, active communication with the company’s range of stakeholders, including shareholders, lenders, auditors and regulators, and diligent oversight of the company’s administration functions.
- Strategic Leadership
- As member of senior management, provide leadership role in defining and executing on long term strategy of institution.
- Participate in quarterly board meeting of Dawn and present cash flow projections and key performance financial indicators to the management.
- Finance and Administration
Head of Finance is responsible for the following tasks:
- Implementing the best structure, team and policies and procedures required in the Finance Department; coach and mentor staff.
- Accounts: assist to the organization’s accounting function with the view to ensure compliance with all local and IFRS accounting regulations.
- Reporting: assist with timely production of ﬁnancial and other reports for management, directors, auditors, regulators, tax agencies; monitor financial performance.
- Budgets: assist with developing and manage preparation of budgets (including capital budgets), business plans and financial plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Cash management: assist CEO with ensuring cost effective and efficient management of cash and funds; assist with calculating and managing external debts.
- Account systems: assist with ensuring reliability and integrity of financial management information systems; assist with implementing automation and simplification of budgeting, accounting, cash flow management and reporting procedures in head office; assist with implementing automation and simplification of processes in branches, in order to reduce paperwork, redundancies, duplication of
- Audit: liaise with internal and external auditors and assist with ensuring that their recommendations are implemented. Assist external auditors in order for them to issue audited financial statements on a timely manner.
- Tax Audit: liaise with tax agencies to submit tax returns are lodged in accordance with the timeline prescribed under Myanmar Tax Law and Regulations. Assist tax agencies to obtain tax assessment notes and to close the opened financial years with respective tax offices.
- Relationship management: assist with coordinating relationships with investors, external funders, regulatory and governmental authorities, external auditors, and financial consultants.
4. Skills and abilities
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Strategic thinking, result oriented.
- Strong communication, monitoring, planning and analytical skills.
- Team player and able to work and lead a multidisciplinary / multicultural team. Ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get a job done.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail is critical for this position.
- Fluent in English and Burmese.
5. Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Graduate in finance or accounting. Additional Accounting Credentials such as Certified Public Accountant and/or other higher accounting degree (ACCA) highly desirable.
- Minimum ten years of experience in banking and finance field, with at least five years in managerial positions in financial institutions. Experience in banking or MFIs in Myanmar / South East Asia highly desirable.
- Familiar with US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Computer proficiency in accounting software, spreadsheets (Excel) and power point for presentation.
- Experience in business plans and financial projections
To apply, send your application letter and CV to email@example.com