Early Dawn Microfinance Company Limited (“DAWN”) is a regulated microfinance institution that currently serves over 200,000 clients in 68 branches in Myanmar. It is a fast growing Institution with over 900 employees, with plans to expand to new regions, to serve additional segments of clients, with new and better products and services, to introduce innovations based on technology, and with an obvious need for additional departments and positions (www.dawn.com.mm). DAWN is registered under the Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development, and was granted a license by the Financial Regulatory Department to provide financial services to low-income clients as well as to small and medium businesses.
(For Myanmar National Only)
|Job Title||: Credit Analyst|
|Number of Positions||: 1|
|Type of Contract||: Open|
|Reports to||: Deputy Individual Lending Manager (DILM)|
The Credit Analyst is responsible, in some cases even through personal visits, for checking and assessing the capacity of repayment of new and existing loan applicants. Participates in credit committee meetings to enhance the decision making process to extend credit to these clients, and is in charge of developing the credit knowledge and credit skills among the members of the Branch.
- Review and check applications conducted by IL loan officers.
- Ensure data and information is accurate and of acceptable quality.
- Check applicant’s eligibility criteria.
- Conduct site visits at client’s business premises (on a sample basis), to verify the existence of clients and accuracy of the information captured by loan officer.
- Identify and verify outstanding information, and / or discrepancies in loan application
- Establish client Willingness and Capacity-to-Pay, as required in the Credit Process and Credit Evaluation Manual.
- Submit for approval/rejection loan applications to credit committee within approved mandate.
- Participate and facilitate credit analysis workshops and develop case studies.
- Periodically organize presentations on credit analysis of certain types of businesses, to improve the technical knowledge of loan officers.
- Assist to IL Manager in setting quarterly and annually performance targets
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Myanmar national.
- University graduate in finance, economics, accounting or related
- Minimum two years of successful working experience in microfinance or banking, with some knowledge and experience in Individual Lending.
- Strong knowledge of microfinance financial analysis, with focus in Individual Lending.
- Excellent communication s
- Computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Able to assess character of potential clients.
- Willingness to work in low-income neighborhoods and spend long time in the field.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, No.587, 3rd Floor, The Regency Offices, Pyay Road, 2nd Ward, Kamayut Township, Yangon not later than 5 P.M. 14th , January , 2022 (Friday).
Note: Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing DAWN employees and please identify two reference persons. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply, send your application letter and CV to email@example.com