Early Dawn Microfinance Company Limited (“DAWN”) is a regulated microfinance institution that currently serves over 270,000 clients in 68 branches in Myanmar. It is a fast growing Institution with over 1,000 employees, with plans to expand to new regions, to serve additional segments of clients, with new and better products and services, to introduce innovations based on technology, and with an obvious need for additional departments and positions (www.dawn.com.mm). DAWN is registered under the Ministry of Planning and Finance, and was granted a license by the Financial Regulatory Department to provide financial services to low-income clients as well as to small and medium businesses.
(FOR National ONLY)
|Job Title||: Accountant|
|Location||: Yangon (Head Office)|
|Number of Position||: 1|
|Type of Contract||: Open|
|Reports to||: Financial Controller|
The purpose of this post is support the Financial Controller in ensuring that the Microfinance program adheres to all its accounting and financial management obligations. Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the accountant will be responsible for every matters and reports relating to financial of the branches. This position is specifically responsible for financial matters and will be the main point person for auditors and stakeholders so as to be compliant with financial requirements and reports.
Reporting and Recording
· Maintain all original entry documents (vouchers, etc.).
· Maintaining and updating all accounting– Journals and Ledgers.
· Producing on time monthly and yearly financial reports – Trial Balances, Income Statements, Balance Sheets and cash flow Statement for branches.
· Producing the related reports for FRD and government authorities.
· Comparing and Analyzing the budget and actual income and expenditure.
· Reviewing and analyzing the financial position of branches.
· Verifying the reconciliation balances between Accounting software and Kredits Software.
Managing and Monitoring
· Managing and supporting the branch finance staffs for financial matters.
· Training finance assistants and staffs for technical matters of finance.
· Monitoring and supporting the branches to ensure the following of financial policies and procedures.
· Monitoring expenditures of branch offices to make sure that accounting policies and financial management principles are followed and operations costs are minimized.
· Assisting for financial Department in the establishment of new branch offices.
|· Assisting Financial Controller to set up the required financial policies and procedures and financial matters.
· Assist HR in the recruitment of relevant staff.
· Assist internal and external auditor in the conduct of their duties.
· Travel to project areas including outside Yangon for monitoring as needed.
o Completion of university, preferably in finance and accounting or related field
o At least one year working experience (two preferred) in microfinance and or banking required.
o Minimum two year working experience in finance and accounting, preferably in internal control or auditing
o Good communication and monitoring skills
o Computer proficiency in word processing and spread sheets
o Ability to work in English preferred
o Able to travel to Dawn Branches
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com or Human Resources Department, No.587, 3rd Floor, The Regency Offices, Pyay Road, 2nd Ward, Kamayut Township, Yangon not later than 5 P.M. 8th, March, 2022 (Tuesday).
Note: Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing DAWN employees and please identify two reference persons. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org